Hostel is a Home away from Home and every student who chooses to reside in it, is expected to make it his/her own Home. The hostelites are required to maintain order and discipline in the hostel to make their stay a happy one abiding by the rules and regulations which would be announced hereafter.
- The supervision and control of students residing in all the hostels of Vikas will rest with the Vikas P.U. College, Mangalore.
- The Correspondent of the Educational Institution will be the Chief of the hostel and in consultation with him the Management appoints Dean Academics, Co-ordinator, Care Taker, Resident wardens and Supervisors for the hostels from time to time and all students are under the care of such Resident Wardens appointed by the Management. The Resident Wardens with the assistance of Supervisors will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the hostel and maintenance of discipline.
- Every student who seeks admission to the college hostel shall submit an application in the prescribed form to the College Office in Duplicate; the original copy will be filed in the college office and the duplicate in the hostel.
- Every student admitted to the hostel shall pay in advance the following deposits and fees, which may be revised from time to time by the Management.
- a) Hostel Deposit
- b) Hostel Rent
- c) Hostel Maintenance / Incidental Charges
- d) Mess Charges
Fees/Deposit of any form paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
To the students who are leaving hostel / dismissed/ discontinued will not get any fee refunded, except the net caution deposit.(Net caution deposit = Caution deposit paid by student – deducting the amount imposed, if any, on the student for not obeying rules and regulations)
- In the beginning of the new academic year, student will be allotted rooms by the wardens in consultation with the Hostel Co-ordinator and care taker. The students are not permitted to shift to another room other than the one assigned to them. Warden may reallocate rooms as found necessary at any time during the year.
- Students once admitted are not permitted to withdraw from the hostel till the course ends.
- The admission will be done only after proper undertaking by the Parents/Guardian and the student in the prescribed format.
- The Management expects that the Parent should meet Warden in person once in a month to take stock of the progress of the student.
- Admission to the second year of the hostel will be given only upon satisfactory behaviour of the student in the first year.
- Every student admitted to the hostel shall maintain discipline. All disputes, misunderstandings that might occur between roommates or other students in the hostel are to be settled amicably. Under any circumstances when a group of students face any difficulty in interpersonal relationship which cannot be settled mutually it should immediately be reported to the Warden, who will try to settle the issue, failing which the matter will be taken to the Management. Under no circumstances, shall a student resort to physical assault on any other student.
- Students are expected occupy the rooms allotted to them by the wardens. Without prior permission, no student shall shift or change the rooms. No outsider/stranger is permitted to visit the hostel.
- Students are expected to report to the hostel within 30 minutes of the long bell in the evening. Prior permission should be taken from the warden if any student wants to go out.
- Silent Hours of the hostel will be maintained from 8.30 p.m. to 7.00 a.m. every day. During this time, there should be perfect silence in the hostel. Singing aloud, shouting, howling, playing music etc. that are likely to distract the attention of others should be strictly avoided. After 9.00 p.m. students are not permitted to enter the rooms of other students.
- Staying back in Hostel: No student shall stay back in the hostel during class hours. Those who fall sick may however stay back in the hostel only after taking consent from the warden. Leave application should be signed by the Warden before it is forwarded to the student Welfare Officer.
- Hospitalisation: The student is required to follow the guidelines fixed by the Management both for outpatient and inpatient treatment. All the expenditures must be paid by the student subsequently.
Guidelines: When a student is admitted to the hospital, the parents will be informed immediately, through the mobile/landline numbers given by the student to the college office at the time of admission. Parents are requested to report to the hospital within 24 hours of getting the information
If the student is outpatient, proper care will be taken by the warden or hostel care taker and the information would be given to the parents.
In both the outpatient and inpatient cases, the incidental expenditures must be borne by the parents. However, warden or care taker will not charge any fees for their extra services.
- Attendance: The residential wardens will take attendance everyday between 9.00 and 9.30 p.m. The students who are not present, without genuine reason will be considered as absent in the hostel and necessary action will be taken. A movement register will be maintained in the hostel for students who are permitted to go out of the hostel for genuine reasons during their stipulated days of outing. The students are expected to enter their names, time of departure and arrival.
- Weekly outing timings:
Girls: Sundays between 2 pm and 4 pm
Boys: Sundays between 4.30 pm and 6.30 pm
In case of change in timings, the students will be intimated well in advance.
The students need to report at the hostel after their outings promptly and punctually. A penalty will be levied on the student’s failings to report on time. However, students can stay out with their parents on Sundays with prior permission.
- Leave: Students going to their native place during holidays (only during April and October) have to submit their leave application to the Residential Warden with the following details:
- i) Date and time of departure and return.
- ii) Address and phone number (if any) of destination
iii) Signature of the Dean Academics/Hostel Co-ordinator
Students on their arrival should report to the warden in person. The same procedure is applicable to the students who are going on emergency reasons also.
In case of emergency Dean Academics can also grant the leave, provided the parents contact him as well as it will be brought to the notice of the Principal.
- Ragging: As per the law promulgated by Karnataka Government Ragging is a criminal offence. Students indulging in this inhuman and nefarious activity in any form will be instantly expelled from the hostel and college and information will be passed on to the police.
- Students staying in the hostel are prohibited from smoking, consumption of alcoholic liquors, chewing of tobacco and using habit-forming drugs in the hostel. In case such habits are found, the management has the full right to take disciplinary action and dismiss such student without any prior intimation.
- Using, possessing and carrying cell phones, MP3 players, camera and other electronic items are strictly prohibited in the hostel. Any student violating this rule has to pay a fine as violating charges. Further the articles will not be returned at all.
- Sticking papers or writing on the walls and doors is strictly prohibited. The inmates of the respective rooms shall be held responsible for any such activity in and around their rooms.
- The Warden has the right to enter any room for verification at any time. The chairman or the secretary or the principal may visit the hostel during every day’s study hours (9.00 p.m. to 11 p.m.)
- When leaving the rooms for attending classes or for vacation,etc.,fans and lights etc., should be switched off.
- Rough handling of dining hall furniture, room furniture or any furniture/property or fittings of the hostel is strictly forbidden.
- Students are expected to keep the windows open for Ventilation.
- Footwear’s need to be kept in the shoe racks and use only indoor (bathroom slippers) chappals inside the rooms.
- Mosquito repellent should be used in the room as a precautionary measure.
- Students need to change the bed sheets, pillow covers every week and the washing charges will be paid by the respective students.
- Students will not displace or shift or damage the furniture’s which are provided in the rooms.
- Visitors like parents/guardians need to enter their details in the visitors book available at the entrance with the security guards before meeting their wards.
- Using any personal heating appliances in the room is punishable. Students should immediately bring to the notice of the management if any breakage in the electric circuit/connections and prevent any type of anticipated accidents.
Cleanliness in the Hostel: Students are responsible for the cleanliness of their rooms. Even though the servants do the cleaning of floors, wash basin, bathrooms and toilet, cleanliness and folding of bed sheets etc., must be done by the students themselves. All the waste articles should be deposited in the dustbins provided in the hostel and they should not be thrown out through the windows or flung around the room.
- Telephone :
Hostellites are free to get calls from their parents only between 7.30 p.m. to 9.00 p.m. Maximum duration of call should not exceed 5 minutes. There is a coin phone facility for outgoing calls. There will not be any incoming call facility for coin phones. After 9.00 p.m., the telephones will be switched off and any emergency message passed on to the Warden will be informed to the student.
- Students going on vacation are required to pack their books and other personal belongings and keep them in their room safely.
- Damage to Hostel Property :
Any damage to the hostel property including driving of nails and defacing the wall, damage of furniture, doors and windows etc., as acknowledged by them will be made good by the occupants of the rooms individually or collectively. The liability not only covers the room items but also the other hostel properties such as mirror, wash basin, bathroom items, electrical gadgets, window curtains, mats etc. If anything in the common place is found damaged, damage cost will be collected.
- Responsibility for Student’s Property :
The management does not take any responsibility for any loss of personal belongings of students residing in the hostels. Students are also advised to take care of their valuables by making use of lockers.
- Every furniture (bed, pillow, chair, table, book shelf) are listed and identification marks are also provided. Students are advised not to exchange these items. If found damaged, the students in particular or in general the roommates will be charged/penalized for the same.
- (a) Any untoward incidents/breach of regulations/indiscipline will be promptly reported to the Dean Academics by the Wardens. If any hostel rules are violated by the hostel inmates, the Parents/ Guardians will be informed and further suitable action will be taken at the discretion of the Management.
(b) Any other issue not mentioned herein will be dealt by the management and discussions taken by the management would be final.
- All the hostelites will take food in the hostel mess only. The inmates are not permitted to take food from outside.
- Student shall pay their mess bill by the 25th of previous month. Any delay in paying the bill other than genuine reasons attract a fine of Rs.100 per day.
- Mess Facility at dining hall of the respective hostel building.
|Morning Coffee||6:00am – 6:30am|
|Breakfast||8:30am – 9:30am|
|Lunch||12:00pm – 1:30pm|
|Evening Light Snacks||4:00pm – 5:00pm|
|Dinner||7:00pm – 8:15pm|
- Students are expected to maintain perfect discipline and order when they are present in the dining hall.
- No student is expected to quarrel or end up in arguments with the mess staff under any circumstances. Any complaint regarding this may be informed to the Warden.
- Students violating the mess rules and regulation will be subjected to appropriate disciplinary action.
Hostel dress Code: Preferably track suit with long ‘T’-shirt. Sleeveless tops and Jeans are not allowed.
View our Hostel Rules and Regulations here: