There are several critical phases in the life of every individual. Adolescence is one of them, a period of transition and confusion during which the individual enters college. For many it is a time of great distress, they have to make new friends, establish an identity for themselves and concentrate on studies among numerous other difficulties of growing. In order to help students cope with many problems, Vikas PU College provides every student with the service of a student counselor.
Objectives of the Centre:
- To help students make proper and satisfactory adjustments for improved academic pursuits and useful life.
- To help students become responsible individuals
- To help students identify the resources and make full use of their potential
- To help them deal with their problems and find appropriate solutions.
- To enable them to know themselves and make healthy choices.
Activities of the centre include:
- Individual counseling to help students deal with their academic as well as personal problems effectively.
- Helping students to maintain healthy percentage of attendance.
- Helping them develop a regular pattern of study using creative strategies and techniques for better performance.
- Parents are also helped to deal with the students in a better way at home.
Academic counselors are committed to motivating our students to realize their full academic potential. Through individual, collaborative relationships with academic counselors, students are able to develop the independence, responsibility and effective decision-making skills needed to define and implement sound educational plans.
Academic Counselling is provided to students who are experiencing difficulties with their studies. Meeting with a counselor can assist students to identify their areas of difficulty and develop strategies to improve their academic performance. Counselors can provide information and support regarding coursework expectations, academic prerequisites and learning and study skills.
Some of the areas are
- Managing Test Anxiety
- Test Taking Strategies
- Improve Your Reading
- Effective Note-Taking
- Procrastination Management
While growing up, some people want to be astronauts, police officers, race car drivers, teachers, doctors, nurses, or even cowboys. Of course, our first career choices don’t always work out. We either grow out of them or later find that they aren’t suitable for us.
Career is a very important aspect of anyone’s life. Choosing a career in a certain stream defines the future of a student. However, it is difficult for a student to choose a career path at the early age. Therefore, the Career counselors at Vikas will help students chose the right course after II PUC
- Guidance and counseling services are not forced upon any students against his/her will.
- All information is kept confidential.