Vikas campus is a place to find valuable friendship and to cherish unforgettable moments. We, here at Vikas strongly condemn any kind of ragging practices. Our students welcome the fresher’s with flowers and advices and they do not believe in violence or unhealthy practices. Our faculty members impart good values with education and that is what set Vikas apart.Students should note that ragging is banned by a ruling of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India.
What constitutes Ragging
Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts:
- Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student;
- Indulging in rowdy or indisciplinary activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student;
- Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student;
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher;
- Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
- Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students;
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person;
- Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student ;
- Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student.
The authority in charge to handle cases related to ragging: Vice Principal of the Institution. The college has also an Anti-Ragging squad to monitor student activities within the college and hostels. In case of every single incident of ragging, a First Information Report (FIR) will be filed with the local police authorities. The possible punishment includes rigorous imprisonment (in compliance with the order of Supreme Court of India).
The following actions will be considered as ragging :
1. Ordering juniors to arrange food items, beverages, snacks, water etc in the mess during meal times.
2. Arranging unauthorised parties for seniors by juniors.
3. Ordering juniors to wake the seniors.
4. Use of extreme measures like hitting, mass boycott of a student by the entire batch, using psychological pressure as punishment, forcing someone to polish shoes, wash undergarments, wash socks, write practical files etc.
5. To get juniors to make beds and clean cupboards for seniors.
6. To punish physically in any way in any situation.
7. To use verbal/written abuse via e-mail or mobile phones, with juniors, classmates or any other person.
8. To insult anyone publicly.
9. To accept any demonstration of vulgarity, gender insult, or community based jokes/insults.
10. Perpetuating violence, obscenity and any system of rules to create subjugation in the name of toughening the boys/girls.
11. Provoking enemity between groups/classes.
AN ACTION NOT MENTIONED ABOVE MAY ALSO BE CONSIDERED AS RAGGING AND DEALT WITH ACCORDINGLY, AT THE DISCRETION OF THE SCHOOL DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEE.
In the case of any ragging incident, the students should immediately call or send SMS/ email and bring it to the notice of the concerned authorities for necessary help, guidance, and actions.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Contact no : +91 7022901671